Pages

Monday 11 June 2012

What a shocker!

Room 7 went for a class trip to Pak’n Save to learn about food labels and making good choices about the food we buy. I already knew what food labels mean because my aunty owns the Glen Innes Cheltenham Cakes home bakery. I go with my aunty to Gilmours to help stock up on ingredients and she gets me to read the food labels so I don’t get bored. 

During our visit to Pak’ N Save what really surprised me was how much sugar was in the cereal, what a shocker! The group that I was in chose the best tasting cereal because it had the most sugar and the less fibre. I would recommend All Bran as a good cereal. If you want your cereal to be a bit sweeter add some fresh or tinned fruit.

At the end of our trip Pak’N Save gave us a $60 gift voucher for a class lunch.

3 comments:

  1. I agree Jerome, it is suprising how much sugar is added to our food. I learnt today that one of the reasons people don't notice it in fizzy drinks is because they are usually cold and this disguises the sweetness. Being able to read the labels is a useful skill to have especially when you are supermarket shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you sugar is very bad for the human body

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you learn a lot about food what is good for you?.

    ReplyDelete